Vella Gambler Gamay 2019
Funky style Gamay from a cracking year in the Adelaide Hills.
Light in colour with a bouquet that is full of violets, iris flowers, raspberry, banana and plums. The palate is rich in fresh red berries, high acidity and perfect balance of fruit and gentle oak.
- 24 hrs in Coolroom / Freezer before processing.
- Destemmed not crushed. Whole berries only!
- 10% whole bunch
- Sit in tank for 3 days soaking at room temp.
- Wild ferment.
- Plunged daily.
- Post ferment sealed in variable capacity tank and left for a week on skins.
- Pressed to tank.
- Settled in tank for 3 days.
- French oak. 20% new large format Damy Oak. 80% 2-3 yr old oak Damy, Remond and Mercurey.
- 10 months in oak.
- Racked to tank and bottled without finings or filtration.