TASTE SA IN EVERY SIP!!

(08) 8123 0399

- EXCLUSIVELY SOUTH AUSTRALIAN WINE, BEER & SPIRITS -

Sparkling White

Deviation Road Loftia Vintage Brut 2020

Deviation Road Loftia Vintage Brut 2020

$ $54.00
✓ In stock

Loftia is famously crisp and zesty, the perfect aperitif style sparkling wine. Minimum three years lees ageing has produced a complex yet restrained and elegant wine with fresh aromas of pear, candied lemon zest, fresh baked pastries and nougat.

Deviation Road source fruit from sites located above 500m in the Lenswood and Piccadilly Valley regions of the Adelaide Hills. These sites consistently produce outstanding Pinot and Chardonnay for sparkling wine.
2020 was a season of low rainfall and warm start to summer, however they escaped any extreme heatwaves in January and cooler conditions in Autumn produced fruit of exceptional power, particularly in the Chardonnay.

Different parcels of pinot noir and chardonnay grapes were all hand-picked and then fermented in stainless steel tanks. Only a few select parcels went through malolactic ferment this year before resting until late winter when they are allocated to their final blend. The aim when blending Loftia is to create a sparkling that will gain complexity with age, as well as show the perfect balance between the line and precision from the Chardonnay and the power from the Pinot. In 2020 the Chardonnay shone and makes up 90% of this vintage blend. The remaining 10% Pinot adds texture and mid palate flavour.

Deviation Road tirage (bottle) the wine by hand and store the bottles at 14OC for a long consistent second ferment. After a minimum of three years, small batches are riddled and hand disgorged to allow the remaining bottles to continue ageing on lees as long as possible. The dosage liquor is crafted using a blend
of base wines that have been aged over the years. 


About the Producer